UPDATE 12/4/2020: The board was only able to get through the first 4 agenda items as the board members navigated getting to know each other as well as the framework governing the board. There were a number of questions about who nominated the board members as well as who determined which board members received two, three or four year appointments. According to council staff member Karen Kapusta-Pofahl, the Council President and the Mayor decided the initial terms. The newly appointed board members were able to decide that the Chair and Vice-Chair would serve 2 year terms.
Next meeting will be Monday, December 7 at 5pm. You can watch online here.
The first meeting of the new Police Civilian Oversight Board is meeting tonight 11/30/2020 at 5pm. You can watch online here
Here is the agenda.
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL
- 63092 Public Comment (11/30/2020 meeting)
DISCLOSURES AND RECUSALS
Members of the body should make any required disclosures or recusals under the City’s
- 63093 Mayor and Common Council President Welcome
- 63114 Board Member Introductions
- 63096 Vote on Length of Terms of Chair and Vice Chair
- 63094 Election of Board Chair
- 63095 Election of Board Vice Chair
- 63103 Establishment of Special Rules for Board Meetings
City of Madison Page 2 Printed on 11/20/2020
POLICE CIVILIAN OVERSIGHT November 30, 2020
Agenda – Approved
- 63098 Overview of MGO 5.20
Attachments: Link: MGO 5.20
- 63097 Overview of Open Meetings Law
- 63174 Overview of Robert’s Rules of Order
- 63109 Overview of City Ethics Code
- 63104 Selection of regular monthly meeting day and time